Moving from Extraction to Investment...
The world is shifting quickly and powerfully to a new set of expectations. We are privileged to work with visionary leaders at many iconic organizations who ready to build a more relevant and salient future for all stakeholders. Our work traverses a wide range of categories – from AI to frozen meals – but at the center, these projects are linked by a recognition that old operating systems are no longer working in a world that is rapidly transitioning. As we advance from the old economy to the new: Trust drives transaction. Mission fuels margin. And disruptive technologies such as Robotics and 3D Printing will force us to reinvent not just what we provide, but very much how we do it.
Companies that are thriving often have committed to a higher ideal: Value Creation.
A different, more conscious intent drives a completely different set of beliefs and behaviors, which then spurs a greater courage to take risks, innovate, collaborate with others and lead – often reinventing whole categories. Those who recognize the shift from extracting or marginally transferring value for some stakeholder to creating value for all have a much stronger handle on the future.
We all improve our informed intuition and our agility to respond when we stay curious and open to new ideas. At PBi, we use our blog, Cultural Acupuncture, and our network of PYNKrs (People You Need to Know) to keep us simultaneously at the edge of new ideas and aware of what really matters (and to whom) now.
A snapshot of some of our strategic projects includes:
- Gigaom: designing and producing a unique summit for CXO leaders who want to know how the 7 most distruptive technologies will change their industries
- A start-up Artificial Intelligence company – defining and leading the Talent + Culture infrastructure
- A global restaurant chain: helping them excavate + better align to their purpose
- A global juice portfolio: ensuring a healthy future around the world
- A global baked goods enterprise: creating a branded portfolio of "enlightened indulgence" products
- Sprint: building an infrastructure for platform solutioning
- Acumen (Fund): clarifying our story at a key 10 year inflection point; brand refresh
- Virtuoso luxury travel: aligning exec leadership on the future
- NAPTE: guiding the Board to create 5 year strategic roadmap
- Nestlé: defining + leading the Food 3.0 movement
- Deluxe: pivoting to becoming a small business champion
- A leading fast food restaurant: bringing Moms + Kids Back; creating a 2020 Vision
- Tournament of Roses Parade: ensuring a strong relevant future for the next generation
- West Hollywood: "Live Forward"; creating a Destination brand
- Safeway: "Ingredients for Life"; lifestyle/food solutions strategic pivot